Concesssion Tip February 2018
By: Chris Lauber, University of North Dakota at R.E. Arena
Do you have a program in place for staff appreciation? If you do, that is fantastic and keep it up! If you don’t, put it on your to do list to figure out some way to show appreciation to your staff, it goes a long way. For 10 the years I spent at an account in Denver, CO; I never had the chance to do a staff appreciation program, end of year party, or even just a holiday party. When I got to Oregon in 2013, we did both holiday parties and end of season parties. Now I’m at Ralph Engelstad Arena at North Dakota University and we have a whole program for staff appreciation.
Here are some of the items we do for our staff:
- Christmas Party for each department (required by management)
- Twice a season, we feed all staff a catered dinner before the game. Usually simple like chili or pasta bake. (Staff does not get free meals or drinks during events, only half off pricing)
- End of season Staff Appreciation Dinner and Awards night
- Above and Beyond Program
- If you get nominated, your name goes in a monthly drawing for gift cards.
- At the end of the season, all names are put back in the drawing and we draw one name and they get tickets, hotel, and food for the NCHC Playoffs in Minneapolis, MN